...on new domain name registration volumes related to business categories, communities, industries, trademarks, sports and more.
New domain names have launched and many communities, businesses, industries and sports are now very well represented with new descriptive domain name extensions.
These reports list monthly evolution of domain name registration volumes related to specific categories of online activities.
The presentation is basic so it can be read in an efficient way.
In 2017, each column offers one of the 12 months of the year. Reports are updated on the 2nd of each month
In 2016, each column offered one of the 52 weeks of the year. For example:
To find listings from 2016, go down each table and select "2016".
- January the 3rd 2016 to January the 9th 2016 is week 1;
- Sunday, April the 24th 2016 to Saturday, April the 30th 2016 is week 17.
How to read these reports
Check for colors:
- In blue: noticeable domain name registrations increase;
- In red: they decrease from one week/month to the other;
- In bold when it is highly noticeable;
- In pink: when the string is related to the content but not exactly;
- "(s/p)" means that there is a singular AND a plural version of the TLD;
- "withdrawn" means that the application to the ICANN new gTLD program was withdrawn and therefore, won't be updated;
- "coming" means that the ICANN application validation process is not yet finished but numbers will start to appear at some point.
- When there is a question mark such as "coming?", it means that there could be a problem in the validation process, or that the ICANN cannot tell when the TLD will see the day;
- "new" means that the TLD was just added and numbers will start to be updated on the month after;
- "will not proceed" means that objections to the TLD blocked it from being delegated (and then launched).