New gTLD reports
New domain name registration volumes
New gTLD reports are monthly captures of domain name registration volumes according to specific groups, businesses or industries. On the second day of each month, we capture these registration numbers so our readers can see if these increase or decrease. This method is a good way to see if these domain names are being registered or not.
We update 19 categories:
- New gTLDs related to CATERING and RESTORATION (.restaurant - .kitchen - .bar - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to PHOTOGRAPHY (.photo - .film - .gallery - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to CITIES : these are not geographic TLDs but city names only (.paris - .london - .tokyo - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to COMPANIES : new domain name extensions that we believe a company should keep its eyes on (available in our Newsletter).
- New gTLDs related to the LAW and LEGAL matters (.legal - .attorney - .lawyer - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to FINANCE (.finance - .bank - .fund - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to a COLOR (.red - .pink - .green - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to SPORT (.hockey - .basketball - .ski - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to ALCOHOL (.beer - .wine - .vodka - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to REAL ESTATE (.realestate - .realtor - .villas - etc...)
- Singular VS Plural versions of a new gTLD : these are domain name extensions which exist in their singular and plural version (ie: .gift and .gifts).
- FRENCH new gTLD applications : these are applications submitted by French companies only.
- New gTLDs related to RELIGION (.catholic - .bible - .church - etc...)
- GENERIC new gTLDs : new domain name extensions that we believe they could replace ".com" one day.
- New gTLDs related to CARS (.taxi - .auto - .car - etc...)
- New gTLDs related to HEALTH (.health - .doctor - .hospital - etc...)
- New gTLDs FOR FRENCH : new domain name extensions which have a meaning in French (which also mean something in french).
- New gTLDs related to ADULTS : domain name extensions dedicated to sex and vulgarity.
NEW- Multiple Registries : group of Registries operating five (5) and more domain name extensions.
In each report, we added the "®" sign next to .BRAND new gTLD applications (specification 13 granted / TLDs operated by a specific brand).
Our source for these figues is ntldstats.com.