New gTLD reports
New domain name registration volumes
New gTLD reports are monthly captures of domain name registration volumes according to specific groups, businesses or industries. On the last day of each month, we capture these registration numbers so our readers can see if these increase or decrease. This method is a good way to see if these domain names meet adoption by consumers or not.
We update 19 categories
- New gTLDs related to CATERING and RESTAURANTEERING (.restaurant - .kitchen - .bar - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to PHOTOGRAPHY (.photo - .film - .gallery - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to CITIES : these are city names only (.paris - .london - .tokyo - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to COMPANIES : new domain name extensions that we believe a company should keep its eyes on;
- New gTLDs related to the LAW and LEGAL matters (.legal - .attorney - .lawyer - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to FINANCE (.credit - .capital - .finance - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to a COLOR (.orange - .pink - .green - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to SPORT (.hockey - .basketball - .ski - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to ALCOHOL (.beer - .wine - .vodka - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to REAL ESTATE (.realestate - .realtor - .villas - etc...);
- Singular VS Plural versions of a new gTLD : these are domain name extensions which exist in their singular and plural version (ie: .gift and .gifts);
- FRENCH new gTLD applications : these are applications submitted by French companies only;
- New gTLDs related to RELIGION (.catholic - .bible - .church - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to CARS (.taxi - .auto - .car - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to HEALTH (.health - .doctor - .hospital - etc...);
- New gTLDs related to ADULTS (no comment);
- NEW - Multiple Registries : group of Registries operating five (5) and more domain name extensions;
- NEW - New gTLDs related to the MUSIC community (.music - .band - .hiphop - etc...);
- NEW - New gTLDs related to LUXURY (.rich - .yachts - .chanel - etc...).
How to read these reports
- In blue: when the number of domain names registered has increased significantly;
- In red: when the number of domain names registered has decreased significantly;
- In each report, we added the "®" sign next to .BRAND new gTLD applications (specification 13 granted (or not)/ TLDs operated by a specific brand);
- "(s/p)" means that the extension also exists in its plural version;
- "coming" means that the extension should see the day at some point;
- "Round 2" means that one application (or more) is expected to be submitted in the next round of the ICANN new gTLD program.
Our sources for these figures are ntldstats.com and domainnamestats.com.
Note for 2018:
- New gTLD reports will be updated AT THE END of the month (not in the beginning).
- Some reports are removed:
- The GENERIC TLDs are included in the COMPANIES new gTLD report.
- Some TLDs have already been removed from some 2018 reports. Check the year down each report and compare with 2017 to see if a TLD has disappeared.